Last updated March 2013
3. Use of Tracking Technologies. RussianSitters and third parties on RussianSitters' behalf use various tracking technologies, including without limitation cookies, web beacons, tokens, device fingerprinting, web analytics and other clickstream data, to collect, store, analyze, use and disclose information from and about Users' devices, Users' activities on the Site and Users' activities on the Internet, generally, in order to:
- facilitate access to the Site;
- offer a personalized experience when visiting the Site and using the Internet, generally;
- deliver the products and services requested;
- manage User accounts and provide Users with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about the use of, or interest in, RussianSitters products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by third parties;
- communicate by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to Users either from RussianSitters or other third parties;
- track Users' use of the Site, advertisements or e-mail messages;
- develop, deliver and display targeted content and advertising on the Site and other websites;
- measure the effectiveness of online advertising, content, programming or other activities;
- verify eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, sweepstakes and contests;
- process payment for any purchases made on the Site;
- protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
- perform functions as otherwise needed to manage RussianSitters' business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to Users at the time of collection.
6. Third Party Websites. The Site may contain third party advertising and links to third party websites. RussianSitters is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these advertisers or websites. Please contact such advertisers or websites directly for more information about their privacy practices. RussianSitters expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases RussianSitters from any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages arising from and/or in any way related to third party advertisers and/or the use of links to third party websites that may appear on the Site, including without limitation such websites' availability, privacy policies, content, advertising, and/or products or other materials.
7. Security. The Site uses reasonable security measures in an attempt to keep User Information secure, including without limitation Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for sensitive User Information such as financial information. However, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, RussianSitters does not represent or warrant that User Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. Any User Information is provided at User's own risk. RussianSitters expressly disclaims any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by other Users or third parties with respect to such User Information.
9. Choices Available to Users. Users can choose not to provide certain User Information, but the failure to provide certain User Information may result in to the User being unable to use certain features of the Site such as registration, purchasing products or services, participating in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes, or asking a question on the Site.
Users can correct, delete inaccuracies, change or remove account information at any time by adjusting account settings. Certain types of information, such as age, cannot be altered without RussianSitters' assistance.
10. Electronic Communications from RussianSitters. By using this Site, Users consent to RussianSitters and/or third parties acting on behalf of RussianSitters sending to User electronic messages relating to the Site and the business of RussianSitters Users may choose whether to receive communications from RussianSitters or third parties with which RussianSitters has a commercial relationship by adjusting account settings. Users who need assistance opting out of communications, can contact RussianSitters at email@example.com. Users will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail sent by RussianSitters to opt-out of receiving such communications in the future using the link at the bottom of the email, though Users may not opt-out of receiving administrative emails. It may take up to 10 days to process an opt-out request. Opting out of RussianSitters communications will not automatically opt User out of third-party linked websites.
11. Public Forums. Any User Information disclosed in public areas of the Site, such as message boards, job boards, blogs, Facebook or Twitter spaces, becomes publicly-available information and Users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose such User Information publicly. RussianSitters expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases RussianSitters from any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by Users with respect to such User Information. To request removal of User Information from RussianSitters' blog or community forum, contact RussianSitters at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, RussianSitters may not be able to remove User Information, in which case RussianSitters will let User know if unable to do so and why.
12. Protection of Children's Privacy. This Site is not developed for, nor is directed at children. Therefore, RussianSitters does not intend to collect information from children under 13 years of age. If it is discovered that RussianSitters has inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 years of age, RussianSitterswill promptly take all reasonable measures to delete that data from databases and systems.
Note to parents: If your child is under 18 years of age and has become a RussianSitters member using a false age, please notify us at email@example.com so that we can immediately close the account and nullify all personally-identifiable information collected from them. To do so, you will need to provide your full name, address, phone number, e-mail address and child's User name.
Testimonials. RussianSitters posts customer testimonials on the Site which may contain personal information. RussianSitters obtains the User's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post User's name along with User's testimonial. If User needs to have User Information removed from User's testimonial, please contact RussianSitters at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, RussianSitters may not be able to remove User Information, in which case RussianSitters will let User know if unable to do so and why.
Surveys. From time-to-time RussianSitters may provide Users the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on the Site. If Users participate, certain User Information will be requested. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and Users therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this User Information. The requested User Information typically includes contact information, including without limitation name, email address and physical address, and demographic information, including without limitation zip code.
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 1-888-577-9707
By mail: 1341 W Fullerton, Suite 176, Chicago, Illinois 60614